About Arizona Sonoran Copper Company
Our mission is to find, evaluate, and develop mining projects in a responsible and respectful manner.
Arizona Sonoran Copper Company Inc.’s (“ASCU”) principal business objectives are the identification, acquisition, exploration, development and sustainable production of base metal properties in geographic regions known to have low geopolitical risk. The Company's principal asset is a 100% interest in the Cactus Project, which is situated on private land and which the Company acquired from ASARCO Trust in July 2020.
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, the Company’s Cactus Mine is located 70 km south of Phoenix International Airport and just outside of the city of Casa Grande. Geologically, the project is situated at the convergence of three major porphyry copper belts and benefits from excellent nearby access to a skilled workforce and local infrastructure (including water, onsite power, highways and rail networks).
Copper is one of the most versatile metals, it is used in nearly every industry and more recently has become a shining star in the green revolution due to its conductive properties. The recyclable and reusable properties of Copper is a positive contributor to the circular economy – reducing energy and greenhouse gas emissions and extending the life of natural resources.
Proven Track Record of Creating Value
In less than three years, ASCU has achieved numerous meaningful milestones, and is advancing through the studies to build a material mid-tier copper producer on private land in Arizona.
- 1972 - 1984: ASARCO processes 38 Mt of primary copper ore through a flotation mill at the Sacaton Mine, producing 400 Mlbs Copper, 759 koz Silver, 27koz Gold.
- Incorporation of the Company
- Due diligence complete on the of the past-producing porphyry copper Sacaton Mine – in ground and stockpile opportunity
- Reclamation of the former Sacaton Mine complete and approval by the ADEQ, completing a baseline environmental study for the Cactus Mine Project and allowing the transfer of title to the Company
- Agreement to acquire the Sacaton mine from the ASARCO Multi-State Environmental Custodial Trust, and name change to Cactus Mine
- Drilling at Cactus in ground historic deposits and Stockpile project
- Preliminary Economic Assessment completed on the Stockpile Project providing early production flexibility
- Completion of over US$25 M in fundraising from institutional and individual shareholders
- Acquisition of the Parks/Salyer Property
- Received two major permits (Air Quality and Pollution Discharge Elimination System (402))
- Relogging and re-assaying program of former ASARCO drill core complete
- 26,050 ft mineral resource drilling complete
- Maiden NI 43-101 mineral resource estimate on the Cactus mine
- Metallurgical test work (bottle roll and column leach) ongoing
- Secured the water supply for the known life of the operation (Arizona Department of Water Rights)
- Acquired the Aquifer Protection Permit for the Stockpile Project*
- Integrated Preliminary Economic Assessment – Cactus Mine and Stockpile Project